An offsite backup solution for your iSeries Data that can replace your daily tape backups, and protect your data should disaster strike.
How it Works
First, a small-footprint software library is installed on your Power i platform that takes care of all backup processes including files, objects, libraries and system files.
Files are backed up to a local NAS device, usually overnight, where they're available for extremely fast restore in the event of data loss or the need to revert to a prior file version. The solution creates a backup catalogue containing a list of all Libraries and Folders saved so that an entire library, or just individual objects may be restored as required. Your backup data is then encrypted and replicated to a secure cloud environment for fail-safe off-site availability should the unthinkable happen.
We recommend that you continue to back up to tape on a quarterly basis (SAVSYS) or as and when a change is made to IBM system libraries to ensure your operating environment can always be restored quickly in an emergency. Typically you would do a tape save prior to Cumulative PTF’s or OS upgrades. But, you will not need to use tapes or operators for your daily/weekly backups.
- Reduced administration and lower total cost of ownership.
- Easily backup IBM System and user Libraries/folders/objects
- No tapes to take offsite or rotate
- Extremely fast backups and restores.
- Heightened security.
- Increased peace of mind.
- Immune to Human Error
- Eliminate Shipping Costs
- Unaffected by tape hardware changes
- Backup is fully managed and monitored by experts
- Regular recovery testing to guarantee protection.
- Lightning-fast local restores, replicated off-site via the cloud.
- Objects can be encrypted prior to moving to the Cloud.
Contact Compass Lane today for more information about this service.